The minimum requirements needed in order to apply for Officer Training School are as follows:
- Be between 18 and 34 years of age (AFI 36-2013, paragraph 22.214.171.124.)
- Be a U.S. citizen (AFI 36-2013, paragraph 126.96.36.199.)
- Have at least a bachelors’ degree (AFI 36-2013, paragraph 3.2
- (For active duty enlisted personnel) Have your permanent assignment unit commander’s approval/recommendation (AFI 36-2013, Table 1.1, Rule 28.)
- Meet minimum Air Force Officer Qualification Test (AFOQT) scores and grade point Average (GPA). The AFOQT minimum of 10 or higher on the Quantitative score and 15 or higher on the Verbal score is mandatory for all applicants.
- Minimum GPA for rated and non-rated applicants is 2.50. Waivers are available for exceptional candidates that have a 58 or higher in the AA sub-score on the AFOQT.